- Payday Lending Rule Status Update
- Streamlined CDFI Application Qualifying Round Opens Sept. 12
- Child Tax Credit Update
- New CFPB Tech Specs for Card Agreement Data Submissions
- Treasury Proposes Amendments to its ACH Rules
- Second Wave of Advance Child Tax Credits Issued
- HUD And FHFA Announces Fair Housing/Lending Agreement
- Credit Card Limits Trending Upward
- Fannie and Freddie Stress Test Results
- NCUA Implements Modernized Systems and Tools
The Data Accelerator is the newest program in the Mountain West Data Institute series. The 35-day Data Accelerator is an educational experience that applies course curriculum to real credit union problems. It is a combination of small group work, independent study, and online instruction. At the end of the accelerator, learners have applied what they have learned, launched their data journey, enhanced their data knowledge, and started to improve members lives.
The Accelerator delivers credit unions a framework that will 1) translate data strategy into tangible use cases, 2) leverage their talent to translate data into valuable action, and 3) create a clear road map. This will provide proof points of data success and launch the credit union data journey.
This program is essential for anyone committed to leveraging data in their credit union. Plus! You’ll connect with a community of peers also working towards growing their skills in data.
- NCUA Letter on Capitalization of Unpaid Interest
- FFIEC Issues Guidance on Authentication and Access to Financial Institution Services and Systems
- CFPB Makes COVID-19 Higher Ed Grants Available
- Was Juneteenth 2021 a Federal Holiday?
- CFPB Updates Mortgage Servicing Guide
The annual CEO/Board Chair Summit & Directors Conference returns in-person this fall for two and a half days of exceptional thought leadership in board governance. The program begins with the CEO/Board Chair Summit which is an exclusive event for credit union board chairs and CEO’s only to look deep into organizational and governance topics. Followed by the Directors Conference which provides credit union board members with an opportunity to develop skills for exemplary leadership within their role on the credit union board.
This year’s CEO/Board Chair Summit will be led by Julia Patrick, CEO of the American Nonprofit Academy. Sessions will address the latest research on building constructive CEO/Board partnerships, strategic information architecture, as well as evolving your governance for growth.
Be sure and join us October 18-20, 2021 at the Boulders Resort in Scottsdale, AZ – for an outstanding opportunity to grow you strategic leadership skills alongside your peers. Click here to learn more.
- Agencies Extend Eviction Moratoria
- CFPB Webinar: Helping Clients Who Are Experiencing Housing Insecurity
- Reminder To Update EIN Information
- CFPB Announces Effective Date for FDCPA Final Rules
- Paid Sick and Family Leave Tax Credits
If you are responsible for compliance at your credit union, make plans to attend Regulatory Compliance School in person on September 14 & 15, 2021 in Denver, CO. Join your compliance peers and attorney and compliance expert Michael Christians for this two-day session that will provide a comprehensive overview of the key compliance responsibilities applicable to your credit union.
As in previous years, attend a single day or both days, depending on your role at your credit union. Learn what’s new or on-going due to COVID-19 and what to expect on the horizon. Each day will include individual and group exercises to test your knowledge. Day one will focus on Deposit Accounts and Credit Union Operations; Day Two will cover Consumer and Real Estate Lending.
Full School/ Both Days: $499
Single Day: $269
To register and learn more, click here.
If you need help defraying costs to attend, our professional development scholarships are designed to help you afford not only registration fees but also travel and lodging costs.
- FAQs From the IRS re: Child Tax Credits and Offsets
- CFPB Releases More Resources for Military Consumer Month
- Additional COVID Recovery Options for Homeowners
- CFPB Amends Mortgage Servicing Requirements for Borrowers Affected by the COVID-19 Emergency
- Nacha Opt-In Program for Returning Bogus Unemployment Benefits
- FinCEN Exchange on Ransomware
- FHFA Cancels Adverse Market Refinance Fee
- Procedural Notice on PPP Guarantee Purchases and Charge-Offs
- Direct Deposit of Child Tax Credit Has Begun
This September the Mountain West Economic Forum returns in-person. And with just a few hotel rooms remaining at the Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock, now is the time to act. Each year, the Economic Forum provides valuable insights from local and national economists into the current economic and financial landscape just in time for credit union strategic planning. Plan to join your fellow credit union executives and board members at this valuable event.