The Mountain West Credit Union Foundation Golf Tournament is one of our most highly anticipated events, but it doesn’t happen without a lot of hard work and support. In fact, the tournament’s sponsors are the lifeblood of the event, and it could not take place without their commitment to our movement. As we make final preparations for the April 27 tournament at the Broadmoor, we want to publicly thank those who are making all the fun possible – from Hole-in-One prizes to lunches and beverage carts.
Not only are these awesome partners instrumental in the golf tournament, but they are also committed to the values of the CU movement overall. In addition to their contributions to the Foundation’s efforts, these organizations are committed to many community efforts across our regions. The Foundation leadership would like to take this opportunity to profile our sponsors and give them the recognition they deserve.
- Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union (Pro Card Sponsor): Alloya’s purpose is simple – to support success for their 1,400 credit unions through cooperation and aggregated resources. They recently celebrated their 10th anniversary with their “10 for 10 for 10” program, when over a ten-day period one charity per day received an award of $10,000 each. Winners included such notable charities as the Wounded Warrior Project®, Best Buddies International, Brighter Tomorrows, Inc., and the Hilltop Neighborhood House. Donations were made in the name of the local member credit union which nominated them.
- Arizona Central Credit Union (Closest to the Pin Sponsor): In addition to providing the best service, products & low rates, this Phoenix-based credit union is committed to volunteerism and local community engagement. In 2021, Arizona Central FCU helped fight cancer in their community by supporting Cancer Support Community Arizona, donating time and financial support to Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Ryan House, and participating in Climbing to Conquer Cancer at the Arizona Snowbowl Ski Resort. They also participated in Southwest Human Development’s Grow a Reader Virtual Book Drive for kids in low-income communities, Valleywise Health Foundation’s Backpack School Drive, and supported St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Bellco Credit Union (Putting Green and Contest Sponsor): Colorado’s Bellco Credit Union provides competitive financial services while maintaining planned growth to fund the future with financial services, but their good works extend beyond that mission. Their Bellco Gives Back initiative makes a difference by volunteering in their local communities, such as with Mile High United Way, Food Bank of the Rockies, and partnering with local elementary schools. They further support their community’s youth through a partnership with Economic Literacy Colorado, sponsoring and producing a financial activity book for elementary students that teaches budgeting, saving and spending through fun and challenging activities.
- Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union (Golf Ball Sponsor): Catalyst is a wholesale cooperative financial institution that serves more than 1,400 member and client credit unions throughout the country, providing core financial services and back-office support. They place a high value on partner relationships with credit union support organizations that provide high-quality training and education opportunities. As such, they maintain a busy schedule of member events that they financially support and sponsor.
- CUNA Mutual Group (Longest Drive Sponsor): The CUNA Mutual Group operates under the belief that a brighter financial future should be accessible to everyone. They provide innovative financial solutions that protect and enable more people from every walk of life. Their Claims Cares team participates in companywide volunteering and donation drives and goes the extra mile when it comes to volunteering, fundraising, and monetary donations. In 2020, CUNA members pledged $3.9 million to their local communities, volunteered 3,649 service hours, and raised $763,000 for non-profits. They also provide pro-bono legal services in select communities.
- Elevations Credit Union (Lunch Sponsor): This Colorado-based credit union is dedicated to the future of their community, using their Elevations Foundation to pay it forward in three key areas: scholarships for local students, grants for nonprofits in our communities, and relief in times of need. The Foundation has creatively incorporated community involvement by allowing members to contribute via everyday banking activities such as refinancing loans, utilizing their Signature Visa Card or rounding up their purchases to the Local Change initiative. In 2021, members partnered with the Elevations Foundation to donate over $709,000 to assist ten Boulder area families who lost loved ones in a local tragedy.
- Colorado Credit Union (Hole Sponsor): Although many things have changed for this Colorado credit union since its inception in 1973, its passion for its members and community has remained at the forefront. In 2019, they unveiled their new tagline “Love Where You Live, Love Where You Bank”, and a logo that represented their heritage, strength, stability, and ongoing commitment to their community. In 2020, this commitment was highlighted by their continued involvement in Adopt-A-Family, when they provided necessities and gifts to six needy families over the holidays; as well as collectively “adopting” 50 angels from a Salvation Army Angel tree. They also donate funds and time to the Food for Thought Bak Pak Program, Food Bank of the Rockies, Heartland Heroes, Brighton Summer Fest, Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon, Zuma’s Rescue Ranch and the Children’s Hospital of Colorado.
- Pima Federal Credit Union (Golf Cart Sponsor): This Tucson-based credit union functions under three core values – keeping things smart, simple and personal. They believe communities thrive when provided with great value through these principles, exhibited by not only professional excellence but volunteerism, educational support, and community fundraising and charity. Employees of Pima Federal volunteer an average of 2,100 hours annually in the community. Pima Federal is dedicated to local students and their education, through sponsorship of the Banzai Financial Literacy programs and the Pima Federal Education Award, designed to help with the cost of college tuition. The signature fundraising event for this credit union is the Pima Federal Golf Classic, which last year raised $66,000 for Literacy Connects, the Southern Arizona Law Enforcement Foundation, and the Greater Tucson Fire Foundation.
- Westerra Credit Union (Longest Putt Sponsor): Westerra prides itself on going beyond access to financial services, by attaching an entire local community to the client’s experience. In a community, when one person wins, they all win. That philosophy drives Westerra’s passion for providing financial literacy programs, school grants, and fundraising to students and educational institutions within their region. They have partnered with Special Olympics Colorado, making a donation with every new checking account or credit card account opened, and recently spearheaded a fundraising effort to assist the victims of the December 2021 Boulder fires.
- Vantage West Credit Union ( Golf Tee Sponsor): Although one of the largest credit unions in Arizona, Vantage West affirms that its proudest accomplishment is its commitment to community impact. This dedication is part of their culture, beginning with the monthly “Go Casual for a Cause,” which allows employees to dress casually in the office in exchange for a donation. The credit union holds quarterly drives for supplies, toys, clothes, and food for selected nonprofit organizations; and team members donate thousands of hours of personal time to volunteer for local causes. In 2020, Vantage West awarded $12,500 in scholarships for five outstanding students via their scholarship program.
- Blue Federal Credit Union (Hole Sponsor): Blue is known for embracing the true spirit of the credit union movement, committing to not only being a financial services provider but to making their members’ lives better. Their Blue Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization founded to support, fund and celebrate local nonprofit causes. The Foundation matches 80% of all donations, resulting in more than $235,000 given back to their community in 2020. Their hallmark events include an annual golf tournament series, which last year donated over $50,000 back to community financial education and wellness programs; and Cheyenne Thankful Thursdays, which has raised over $2 million for local no-profits to date.
Non-CU partners also play a large role in the success of our tournament. Here is a nod to each of our additional sponsors – we appreciate you!
- Gallagher (Driving Range Sponsor): Strategic partner Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is an international service provider that plans, designs, and administers a full array of customized, cost-effective property/casualty insurance and risk management programs. However, even with such a wide scope, they still believe in the power of sticking to simple principles. They are governed by a code of ethics known as The Gallagher Way, which provides steadfast values in a changing world, earning them a spot on The World’s Most Ethical Companies List for the last 10 years.
- OpenLending (Hole-in-One Sponsor): Open Lending provides automated lending services to financial institutions, specializing in loan analytics, risk-based pricing, risk modeling, and automated decision technology for automotive lenders throughout the
The United States. Operating on the seven core values of integrity, accountability, quality, commitment, perseverance, respect, and teamwork, Open Lending has been named as a top workplace by both the Austin Business Journal and the Austin American Statesmen.
- Origence (Beverage Cart Sponsor): Origence is dedicated to providing innovative solutions that evolve with a credit union’s rapidly changing lending landscape. From fully integrated origination technology to expert-led services, Origence allows credit unions to make more loans and improve efficiencies.
- App One (Goodie Bag Sponsor): AppOne is a centralized web-based platform that connects automotive and marine dealers with lenders. They provide dealers with the ability to accept an on-line credit application from a consumer, submit to lenders and prepare & print lender-specific loan document packages, greatly reducing the chance of returned contacts and re-contracting.
These organizations represent so much good work in their respective communities, and the Foundation is so grateful to each and every one of them for their support.
For more information on remaining sponsorship opportunities, please contact Caroline Barragan at CBarragan@gowest.org.