Tempe, AZ October 2018 – October is a big month for Landings Credit Union, celebrating not only International Credit Union Week, but also their 65th birthday on October 19th. This year they celebrated by giving back to their membership and community.
Friday, October 12th
- Volunteered at The Centers for Habilitation (TCH) helping them prep for their major fundraising event.
Saturday, October 13th
- Volunteered as table hosts for TCH’s Monster Mash Event
Monday, October 15th
- Packed 34,128 meals at Feed My Starving Children
- Packed 45,792 meals at Feed My Starving Children
Wednesday, October 17th
- Made 150 encouragement cards that will go to elementary age kids in United Way’s Weekend Hunger Backpacks.
- Offloaded deliveries, stocked shelves, and packed food boxes at Tempe Community Action Agency’s Food Pantry.
Thursday, October 18th (International Credit Union Day)
- Planted and harvested vegetables at the St. Vincent de Paul’s (SVDP) Mesa Urban Garden. Then they moved to the kitchen and served 250 meals in the SVDP dining room.
- Shared the credit union difference by purchasing coffee for every customer in the walk up and drive through at the family-owned Tempe coffee shop, Xtreme Bean Coffee Company.
Friday, October 19th (LCU’s 65th Birthday)
- Volunteered in the food bank at AZCEND, and helped stock the shelves and prepare food boxes for those in need.
- Gave away 400 coffee mugs to members that came in to a branch, and 65 of those members had the chance to win $65 in the Landings Mugshot Challenge.
This is the second year Landings CU has celebrated International Credit Union Day by serving the community for the entire week, and plan to continue this new tradition for years to come.
About Landings Credit Union Landings Credit Union, based in Tempe, Ariz., serves a wide range of members including students, faculty, staff, and family for all schools in Maricopa County along with over 400 select employee Groups. The current asset size is $166 million with over 14,000 members. Landings Credit Union has been serving members for 65 years, helping them with all their financial needs. For more information on Landings Credit Union, please visit landingscu.org.