TUCSON, Arizona. (June 27, 2017) – Vantage West Credit Union recently held its 62nd Annual Meeting, with leadership announcing a strong finish for 2016, and a running start for 2017 with new programs offering robust rewards and service innovations benefitting the membership.
Speaking before the membership, Chairman Mitch Pisik and President and CEO Robert D. Ramirez said Vantage West continues to be in excellent financial health, ending 2016 with $1.7 billion in total assets and 143,000 members. The credit union had a total net worth of $196 million by year-end for a net worth ratio of 11.73%, compared to the national peer group of 10.82%. With its sustained growth, Vantage West maintains its solid position as southern Arizona’s largest credit union and the third largest in the state.
During the meeting, Ramirez shared many noteworthy accomplishments from 2016 and both Pisik and Ramirez shared exciting news about two new core product offerings designed to work together to bring outstanding value to the membership. Vantage West recently launched its Connect Rewards Visa Signature® offering one of most robust rewards program around. The new credit card offers 5x rewards in a category of one’s choice, 3x on gas, 2x on groceries, and 1x on everything else.
In mid-July, Vantage West is scheduled to launch two new checking account options with debit rewards that can be combined with credit rewards for maximum member value.
“This combination of products serves as a stand-alone industry example of our commitment to ensure we deliver opportunities with the greatest value to the members,” Ramirez said.
The following are highlights from the list of accomplishments shared at the meeting:
- Enhanced member service with new initiatives that include upgrades to the credit union’s online account opening process, new after-hours credit and debit card support (24/7 coverage), and Debit PINnow so members can change their debit/ATM PINs over the phone
- Groundbreaking on a technology center that will drive technological enhancements at Vantage West, establish a new line of business for the credit union, and enable it to offer IT services to its Business Banking members and other organizations as well
- Customizations to the credit union’s mortgage program to benefit “heroes” (including first responders, teachers, military and others) in the community, assigned Mortgage Specialists to every branch, and updated/streamlined the online mortgage portal for a friendly and easy user experience
- DocuSign implementation, which makes the loan funding process more convenient by allowing secure electronic signature, and added a Loan Payment feature within Online Banking
- Active community engagement, with support for 120 community events via promotional sponsorships and charitable event participation.
During the meeting, Mitch Pisik and Gregory Good were elected as Directors by acclamation for new
3-year terms. Also, Augustine Gomez was elected as Director by the membership to complete the remaining 2 years of a 3-year term vacated in December 2016.
The membership also voted to ratify an amendment to the credit union’s bylaws allowing for compensation for credit union Board and Supervisory Committee members. This brings Vantage West’s bylaws in alignment with the recently amended Arizona Revised Statute 6-533. Prior to implementation of actual compensation, the members will again have the opportunity to vote on a full compensation policy.
Meanwhile, a copy of the Vantage West 2016-2017 Annual Report was also distributed, and is available at vantagewest.org/2016annualreport.
About Vantage West Credit Union
Vantage West Credit Union is a $1.7-billion financial institution in Arizona, which serves a growing membership of more than 145,000. Vantage West has 17 branches in Pima, Pinal, Maricopa and Cochise counties and serves its vast global membership via online channels, as well. Vantage West is a full-service financial institution, offering consumer and business loans, credit cards, and deposit products, as well as retirement accounts and other financial services. Vantage West is federally insured by NCUA.